Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Céline Nano Luggage Tote Review


From it's launch, the Céline Luggage Tote has become an icon in the fashion world and has earned its place as a classic. Its been seen everywhere and on everyone and though the hype may have died down this year, it will always hold a prized position as one of my all time favourite bags. I bought mine at the end of last year and have gotten so much use out of it since, I figured the bag deserved its own dedicated in-depth review.

The design of the Céline Luggage Tote has become the brand's icon and with good reason. It comes in a range of colours both seasonal and permanent as well as in 3 different sizes. Personally, I went for the Nano Luggage in Dune Drummed Calfskin.

The official specifications of the bag as listed on the website are as follows: 

REMOVABLE LEATHER STRAP WITH 58 CM (23 IN) DROP ZIPPER CLOSURE
OUTER ZIPPED POCKET ON FRONT
INNER FLAT POCKET
20 X 20 X 10 CM  (8 X 8 X 4 IN )
SILVER METAL HARDWARE
100% CALFSKIN
100% SUEDE LAMBSKIN LINING

 I knew I wanted a neutral colour in the bag but I was reluctant to buy black as I felt a lot of the beautiful details such as the piping on the face was lost in such a dark colour. Dune is a beautiful cool toned beige so it's paired perfectly with the silver hardware but still has enough warm undertones to be paired well with gold too. 

I will say that because the leather is so soft colour transfers onto the bag very easily but I've found it's nothing that can't be wiped off. The drummed texture also makes it quite a hard bag to scratch so that's something to consider if you want to go for a smooth leather. Something I was quite concerned about when first buying and using the bag was the suede lining. I am someone that constantly throws things into my bag throughout the day and very rarely cleans it out, especially when it's a bag I'm using on a daily basis. Despite my concerns the lining has held up so well and I haven't had to be overly cautious with it either. The suede lining is really an added layer of luxury making the bag so much more pleasurable to use. 

In terms of size, the bag accommodates much more than one would think. Though the detailing and design of the bag is very structured the bag itself is quite soft meaning it can expand to accommodate more. I've used this bag during travel and it easily fits all my essentials and more. It can even fit my DSLR quite comfortably but I try not to put that kind of weight in it. Though I don't recommend it, when the zip is left open its a really easy bag to reach in and out of. 

I think what really makes this bag so worth it is that anytime I need a bag I know this will go with whatever I'm wearing. Given you buy a colour that complements your wardrobe, I think this bag is such an easy go-to, that looks so chic and adds some class to your outfit. In terms of cost per wear I think this bag more than makes up for its price and from its perfect condition after months of use its clear that this is a bag that will last a long time.







All in all this is definitely one of my best luxury purchases and I would highly recommend it to anyone considering getting one. 

R.N 

2 comments:

  1. Such an amazing review!!!
    Thank you for sharing this.

    wwww.stilettoshades.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! (: So glad you found it helpful!

      Delete

01 09 10